You are a player when:
1. You don't care if you are the one who sets the screen or the one who hits the winning three, because fulfilling your role, whatever that role is, is most important.
2. You have a desire to excel for the benefit of the TEAM.
3. You have an unquenchable need to exceed past your limitations.
4. You play and know, without a shadow of doubt, that you competed like a champion.
5. You understand your commitment to your teammates.
6. You understand that basketball is a TEAM sport.
7. You finish playing and only your body leaves the floor; your heart and soul are captured within the game.
8. You will exchange your blood, sweat, and tears for the benefit of the TEAM.
9. You understand the irrelevance of individual awards.
10. You would rather encourage a teammate to success than benefit personally from his mistakes.
11. Your respect for the game and those involved in the game outweighs your personal pride.
12. You make mistakes and use them to learn from and improve rather than use them as excuses.
13. Your ability to make your teammates better increases each time you take to the floor.
14. You do the little things right even when nobody is watching.
15. You act to serve your teammates with unselfish motives.
16. You have a clear understanding of your role and strive to perform it better.
17. You have done all that you can and still fell that you can contribute more.
18. You know the difference between pain and injury; playing through the pain without creating a scene.
19. You give more than what is asked and take less than what is deserved.
20. Your effort is constant and your play is consistent regardless of the situation.
YOU THINK YOU CAN... AND YOU DO!!!