PRINCIPLES AND LAWS OF LEARNING
1. We learn better when we are "ready to learn". Have an open mind. Have the "will or desire to learn". Recognize a problem and see the need to learn.
2. We learn better when the subject is presented: in small bitesize doses and in logical order.
3. We learn better when we: Go from simple to complex. Don't move on until it becomes a habit. Hear the same terminology every time.
4. We learn by doing - Learn technique first then add speed and quickness. First in practice. Then in game situations (Drills must be game-like). Mental learning helps physical learning - Understand the subject.
5. We can only develop skill through perfect practice. Perfect repetitions. Helps when you learn it right the first time. Fixes your learning.
6. We learn better and fast when: We have some success (Build success into all drills). We feel good about ourselves (Which comes from success). We feel we are learning something that will help us.
7. We retain our learning better when: It has time to "soak in" / it becomes habit. We can see some success.
8. You can evaluate progress (skills) when: Everyone is taught the same technique (With some allowance for individual ability). The teaching is in a logical progression.