- VISION = Clear idea of what on wants to do.
- PASSION = Loves what he/she does and loves doing it.
- INTEGRITY = Self-knowledge, candor (honesty) and maturity; within integrity comes trust.
- CURIOSITY & DARING = Wonder about everything and take risks.
There is a difference between leaders and managers. Managerial skills are taught, while leadership skills are learned.
Descriptive words of a leader: Inductive, dynamic, understanding, ideas, broad, deep, experiential, active, questioning, process, strategy, alternatives, exploration, discovery, active, initiative, whole brain, long-term, change, flexible, risk, synthesis, open, imagination.
Descriptive words of a manager: Deductive, static, memorizing, facts, narrow, surface, rote, passive, answer, tactics, goal, prediction, dogma, reactive, direction, left-brain, job, short-term, stability, rigid,rules, closed, common sense.
Young leaders are told to:
- Take advantage of every opportunity
- Aggressively search for meaning
- know yourself